IN & AROUND
- In the outskirts of Bhubaneswar lie the Dhauligiri Hills which is a sacred pilgrimage site for the Buddhists and houses a stupa and rock edicts.
Temples of Bhubaneswar
- Known as the “City of temples,” Bhubaneswar is home to some of the finest temples including the Lingaraj Temple, Raja Rani Temple and Mukteswar Temple and attract throngs of devotees on pilgrimages every year.
Khandagiri and Udaigiri
- The Udaigiri and Khandagiri caves are expansive Jain rock cut cave systems that are of vital archaeological and religious importance. They are also one of the most popular places for sightseeing in Bhubaneswar.
Odisha State Museum
- The Odisha State Museum is a virtual treasure trove of relics from a rich past including ancient paintings, Buddhist and Jain sculptures, copper plates and rare palm leaf manuscripts.
- Bindu Sarovara is a majestic looking lake near the Lingaraja Temple and is considered to be a hallowed site.
- Ekamra Kanan is a vast botanical garden with a pretty lake in the centre of it. It houses Asia’s largest cactus collection and is one of the major tourist attractions in and around Bhubaneswar.
Nandan Kanan Zoological Park
- Nandan Kanan Zoological Park is home to the exquisite but elusive blue eyed white tigers and one of the top places to see in and around Bhubaneswar.