IN & AROUND
Goa is a perfect place for sightseeing tour. Every corner of this tropical paradise displays a fine blend of traditional and modern aspects of life. On one hand, you have the most alluring natural charms where as on the other hand you have an excellent array of architectural masterpieces, which are dotted in various towns of the state. Hence, a sightseeing trip to Goa is very important to behold various treasures of the state.
- Panjim is the state capital of Goa and the administrative headquarter of North Goa District. This is a beautiful coastal town is adorned with churches and cathedrals and a string of beaches. Panjim’s biggest draw is the Carnival celebration in the month of February which includes a colorful parade on the city’s streets.
Dona Paula Beach
- Similar to Taj Mahal, Dona Paula beach of Goa is a perfect testimony of true love.
- A spring within the fort provided water supply to the ships that called there, giving it the name “Aguada” (meaning ‘water’ in Portuguese).
- Old Goa is one of the important regions of Goa due to its historical significance. It was the former capital of Goa under the 350 years of Portuguese reign. It is an UNESCO declared World Heritage Site due to its Renaissance architecture which can be still witness in the monuments and churches of the region.
- The ramshackle market town of Mapusa is the district headquarters of Bardez Taluka.
- A hot season retreat for Margao’s moneyed middle classes since long before Independence, Colva is the oldest and largest of South Goa’s resorts.
- With its fluorescent painted palm trees and infamous full moon parties, ANJUNA, 8-km west of Mapusa, is Goa at its most "alternative".
- Baga, 10-km west of Mapusa, is basically an extension of Calangute; even the locals are unable to decide where ends and the other begin.
Sri Devaki Krishna Temple
- 3-km away from Banastari Bridge on Panaji-Ponda Road is situated the noteworthy temple dedicated to Devaki Krishna at Marcel.
Sri Kamakshi Temple
- About 12-km from Kavalem is situated another important religious monument which is dedicated to Sri Kamakashi.