Swaying palm fronds and the gentle roar of sea waves crashing into the shore welcome you to the charming beachside haven of Gopalpur-on-Sea in Odisha. Away from the concrete chaos of the cities, this quaint beach town will woo you with its pristine beauty and languid pace. Being a remnant of the colonial past, the entire place is steeped in a rich history. The MAYFAIR Palm Beach Resort is a beacon of uber-luxury and splendour in the small town of Gopalpur. The beautiful beach here stretches as far as the eye can see and the sea and the skies meet in a magical amalgam. There are numerous things to do and places to visit in and around Gopalpur. Tourist attractions include scenic picnics spots, religious shrines, beautiful natural hot springs and a black buck wildlife sanctuary. Olive Ridley sea turtles come in large numbers and use the beaches in and around Gopalpur as nesting sites. The nearby trading town of Berhampur is famous for its pickles and hand woven Tassar silk textiles.
- It is a beautiful commercial town famous for Silk Sarees, horn toys and different handicraft products.
- Chilka Lake is one of the biggest salt water lakes in India and Asia. It is an ideal place for bird watching, fishing, boating and different water sports.
- A hot Sulphur spring with amazing medicinal properties, Taptapani is the main attraction of Odisha surrounded by the lush green forests.
- Mahuri Kalua is another scenic spot and the shrine of Goddess Kalua that adorns the place.
- Being a virgin beach far from the noise and crowd of the city in the south of Gopalpur on Sea across the river Bahuda, Patisonapur offers peace and tranquility to all the visitors going there seeking some relaxation.
- A shrine of the Twin Goddess Tara Tarini atop a hill on the bank of River Rushikulya, Taratarini is known for natural beauty. It is also a Shakti Pitha of Tantra Cult.
- Jaugarh has a historical significance as the Ashokan rock edict found here. In this way, it has been an important centre of Buddhist activities.
- Located along the vast Chilika Lake, Rambha is famous for its scenic beauty. Rambha and boat ride from the beautiful place is a thrilling experience near Gopalpur on Sea.
- A quiet and attractive beach by the blue sea, Aryapalli is a haven for the beach and nature lovers.
- An exciting picnic spot with the Ghodahada dam & reservoir, it is a visited by locals and people from surrounding cities for picnic during weekends. Famous shrine of Ujjaleswar is just 4 km away from this place.
- An ecological site where river Rushikulya meets the Bay of Bengal, Rushikulya Muhana acts as the mass nesting ground for the Olive Ridley Turtles who come here in large numbers every year during winter.
- The beautiful Tampara Lake with gentle waves breaking on the shore, Tampara offers great avenues for water sports.