In & Around
- The trading town of Berhampur is famous for its delicious pickles and hand woven Tassar silk textiles.
- One of the major tourist attractions near Gopalpur is the beautiful Chilka Lake which is a large saltwater lagoon that is noted for bird watching, water sports and fishing.
- Surrounded by verdant greenery, the natural hot sulphur springs of Taptapani are renowned to have medicinal properties.
- Mahuri Kalua is a picturesque spot and is also home to a shrine of Goddess Kalua.
- The beautifully secluded untouched beach of Patisonapur is one of the top places to visit in and around Gopalpur.
- Perched on top a hill, Taratarini Temple is a beautiful place of pilgrimage amidst scenic surrounds.
- Jaugarh is famous for being home to a rock edict of the Mauryan emperor Ashoka.
- From quiet beautiful town of Rambha, you can go on marvellously romantic boat rides to the islands of Chilka Lake.
- Make sure you put visiting the wonderfully far removed and stunning sandy beaches of Aryapalli in your list of things to do in and around Gopalpur.
- Ghodahada is a lovely spot to have a picnic in the background of the Ghodahada dam and reservoir.
- Olive Ridley sea turtles come in huge numbers to the nesting site of Rushikulya Muhana, where the river meets the ocean.
- The serene Tampara Lake is popular with water sports enthusiasts. You can also go for beautiful walks along the shore.