Darjeeling Holidays in Summer
- 03 NIGHTS / 04 DAYS
- Destination Covered: Darjeeling - Gangtok
Darjeeling, the pride of India tourism located at an altitude of 6,710 ft (average) in Lesser Himalaya, is one of the beautiful hill stations in the state of West Bengal, India. The beautiful hill station, Called as the Queen of the Hills, is known for its panoramic view, colonial architectural wonders, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and tea gardens, educational institutes and amazing view of Kanchenjunga.
As a consequence of its pleasant climate, greenery, deep yet beautiful valleys, the beautiful hill station became the summer capital of India for the duration of British Raj. Being a lovely hill station at the beginning point of North-East India, the lovely Victorian town Darjeeling is also known for cultural diversity, serenity and ancient marketplaces that will keep one enticed.
Tourists from across the country and worldwide prefer to explore Darjeeling because of the natural beauty – offered by Mother Nature. Darjeeling is also a paradise for trekking lovers and adventure tour enthusiasts. Mayfair Darjeeling – the beautiful hill resort in the hill station, makes your tours memorable by offering wonderful tour packages like summer vacation in Darjeeling. The wonderful tour packages are offered for 3 nights and 4 days that also cover MIRIK, a small picturesque hill station at 5100 ft (1761m) with a beautiful lake surrounded by forested hills on all sides with the back drop of Mt Kanchenjunga. The given day to day itinerary will be very helpful for you to explore the wonders in your own way.
- DAY 01 : Arrival New Jalpaiguri Rail Station / Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
- Meet and Greet on arrival at NJP/IXB and transfer to Darjeeling is one of the most magnificent hill resorts in the world. Evening free to explore this Hill queen. Overnight stay at hotel
- DAY 02 : Darjeeling
- Early Morning at 4 AM visit Tiger Hill, famous for sunrise over Mt. Kanchendzonga, on way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop and back to hotel. After breakfast proceed for visit 7 points, covering The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and PNZ Zoological Park (both closed on Thursday) Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Self Help Refuge Centre (closed on Sunday), Tea Garden (outer view), Japanese Temple, Peace Pagoda and Ropeway (operational, ropeway ride charges to be paid by guest directly). Overnight stay at hotel.
- DAY 03 : Darjeeling to Mirik (60kms in 2.5hrs one way)
- Today after breakfast we take you to MIRIK, a small picturesque hill station at 5100ft (1761m) with a beautiful lake surrounded by forested hills on all sides with the back drop of Mt Kanchenjunga. The drive to Mirik runs through some fascinating tea gardens and pine forests. Enjoy horse ride and boating at the lake, (boating payment direct). On the way back to Darjeeling return via PASHUPATI MARKET in Nepal India border (need extra vehicle to enter into the market, direct payment).Return to Hotel in the afternoon and have free evening.Have Dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
- DAY 04 : Darjeeling to NJP / IXB
- Morning free for packing and personal activities. After breakfast transfer to NJP Stn or IXB Airport for return Journey to onward destination. Tour end with sweet memories.
- Non-alcoholic welcome drinks on arrival.
- Airport or railway station transfer
- Transportation by appropriate vehicles as per itineraries and package (Car not at disposal)
- Daily breakfast & dinner at hotel.
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- 02 Bottles of packaged drinking water per day.
- Children below 6 years of age sharing with parents would be complimentary on room only basis.
- This package is available only on prior reservation with full advance payment.
- Management reserves the right for any changes or modifications in the package without any prior notice.
- Service Tax extra (as applicable)
- The package does not include guide services. These can be availed at an additional cost
- Meal plan: All Meals
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy