The Mystic Himalayas
- 05 NIGHTS / 06 DAYS
- Destination Covered: Darjeeling - Gangtok
North-East part of India is of course the most beautiful region to explore natural beauty and tranquility. Among some of the most beautiful tourist places, name of Gangtok (the capital city of Gangtok) and Darjeeling ( a beautiful hill station in the state of West Bengal) comes on the top. Darjeeling is considered as the gateway to North-East India tourism.
Exploring these two prime destinations is certainly the right way of coming close to Mother Nature and to rejuvenate your mind and body. Mayfair Hotels & Resorts Group offer you attractive the Mystic Himalayas tours that cover Darjeeling and Gangtok. You will be into the world of pleasure for 5 nights and 6 days; wherein you will enjoy the luxurious lifestyle, most comfortable and a home like environment.
In Darjeeling, you will visit Chowrasta and Mall, Tiger Hill, Observatory Hill, Senchal Lake, Mahakal Temple, Japanese Peace Pagoda, Ghoom Gompa, War Memorial, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Himalayan Mountaineering Institute are some of the famous attractions to explore during your tour.
In addition, there are also numerous other attractions like Shruberry Nightingale Park, Himalayan Zoological Park, Lloyd Botanical Garden, Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Centre, Rock Garden, Ganga Maiya Park, Batasia Loop, Governor’s House and different educational institutes and schools of ancient time.
Gangtok also has a lot more to explore and enjoy your holidays. Some of the must see destinations and tourist places are Rumtek Monastery, Himalayan Zoological Park, Nathula, Tsomgo Lake, Tashi View Point Ropeway, Ganesh Tok (the Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha), Temi Tea Garden, Enchey Monastery, Do-drul Chorten, Dodrupchen Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Banjhakri Waterfalls, Institute of Tibetology and Handloom Center.
- DAY 01 : Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling (93 kms in approximately 3 hrs)
- On reaching, check-in to your hotel, unpack and relax.
- DAY 02 : Darjeeling
- Darjeeling Darjeeling Early morning visit Tiger Hill to see a beautiful sunrise and capture the breth-taking sight of Kangchenjunga and Mount Everest etc. One can see the horizon changing colors just before sunrise and then the entire Himalayan range turns golden. Also visit Ghoom Monastery, the oldest monastery in the area which was built in 1875.
- Have a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel and proceed for city tour visiting Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (closed on Thursday) which was started by Tenzing Norgay after he climbed Mt. Everest. Also visit Zoological Park (closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Centre (closed on Sunday), Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock and Happy Valley Tea Estate (from outside).
- Retire comfortably for the night at the hotel.
- DAY 03 : Darjeeling to Gangtok (98 kms in approximately 4 hours)
- Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel and drive to Gangtok. On reaching, check-in to your hotel, unpack and relax. Proceed for a sightseeing tour of the city. Surrounded by monasteries and orchids, Gangtok is truly a traveller's delight
- DAY 04 : Gangtok
- Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel and proceed for a city tour visiting Rumtek Monastery, Do Drul Chorten, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (closed on Sundays), Cottage Industry (closed on Sundays) and Flower Show Complex. Spend your night at the hotel comfortably.
- DAY 05 : Gangtok
- Enjoy a warm breakfast at the hotel and proceed for a full day excursion to Changu Lake which is 35 kms from Gangtok at an altitude of 12,400 feet. The lake derives its waters from melting snows off the surrounding mountains. Legends say that lamas could forecast the future by studying the color of the lake’s waters. Also visit the Baba Mandir.
Rest overnight at your hotel.
- DAY 06 : Gangtok to Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri (125 kms in approximately 4 hrs)
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel and drive to Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri in time for flight / train for your onward journey.
- Non-alcoholic welcome drinks on arrival.
- Airport or railway station transfer
- Transportation by appropriate vehicles as per itineraries and package (Car not at disposal)
- Daily breakfast & dinner at hotel.
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- 02 Bottles of packaged drinking water per day.
- Children below 6 years of age sharing with parents would be complimentary on room only basis.
- This package is available only on prior reservation with full advance payment.
- Management reserves the right for any changes or modifications in the package without any prior notice.
- Service Tax extra (as applicable)
- The package does not include guide services. These can be availed at an additional cost
- Meal plan: All Meals
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy